Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sorry, Mom

I'm sorry Mom. I had to do it. I know that 15 months ago I presented to you a partially finished scarf (I despise myself for doing that) for your birthday and promised (duh) that I would complete it asap and get it to you. Instead, last weekend, I completely frogged the scarf. I couldn't bear to knit another row. The scarf was looking good, but I hated every minute I worked on it. And do I really want to gift you something knit with so much hate? No. After 2 mistakes in as many rows, the scarf had won. It had beat me down. So, after cursing under my breath (kids were in the room), I took a farewell picture and started to unwind it.

IMG_0562

The scarf had one last jab. I did not know (at the time) that the yarn I used, Malabrigo Lace, was so grippy. It took me at least a couple of hours to rip the scarf back, because every row I pulled was desperate to hold on to the row below. I did eventually finish the job and knew immediately what the yarn was to become. I've started it and love it. Love knit into a gift is so much better, right?

But, Mom, I'm not telling you this time. Know that it's not what it was. And it's a triangle. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment