Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Sweater for Myself

I've got a lot to show you today. First is the sweater:

IMG_3236

I'm just a couple of rows shy of the arm-hole and boy am I excited! This is only my second sweater knit for me and I'm thrilled with how quickly its come together. I'm loving everything about it: the color, yarn, pattern, speed, you name it, I probably like it.

IMG_3238

I am also pleased with the cables. There are 2: one on each edge of the cardigan. I have some experience with cables, but this "double fantasy" cable is my most complicated one to date.

The whole sweater is going to need a good blocking when I'm done, and all the sloppiness will (hopefully!) disappear. I am especially concerned about the 2x2 ribbing at the bottom edge. It folds up pretty determinedly toward the inside. Blocking will fix, right?

IMG_3248

Pattern: Asymmetrical Cabled Cardigan by Yahaira Ferreira
Yarn: Jamieson's Shetland Heather in Seabright 1010
Needles: 5.5mm Addi lace 80mm
Size: 39 (I hope for 0 ease with my nursing mommy cup size.)

Speaking of kids, here's a couple of pictures of both of my big guys hanging out on the couch last week:

IMG_3185

IMG_3186

Get outta the picture, Emmett, this is all about me.

Oh, and guess what we started this week?

IMG_3235

Mmm mmm! Solid foods! We've tried two so far, rice cereal (which got a big thumbs down) and sweet potato. (Yummy!) Like with Emmett, we'll be introducing one new food every 5 days; so if Leon has any sensitivities, we'll know what it is right away. Next up: avocado, peas, bananas?

Sun is out and the baby is hungry, gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment